will work as part of a group of four to answer specific research
questions. Each group member will play a
different role and have different responsibilities. Each member of your group will fill one of the
following roles: cartographer, record keeper,
assimilation specialist, and coordinator. Working together you will gather facts that
will help you complete your task. The cartographer
is responsible for creating a map of your journey and a map of your new neighborhood
2. Complete the tasks assigned to your role. Then your group will meet to discuss. share, and evaluate information. When you have enough information to persuade your friends or relatives in your country of origin to travel to America, decide what form you will use for your presentation, printed or PowerPoint. Your presentation must include:
· a letter to your friends/family explaining why your family decided to make the hazardous voyage.
· at least five journal notations describing your crossing
pictures or descriptions of your entrance at
· a paragraph explaining where you live and how you came to live there
· a description of daily life in your neighborhood
· a T chart comparing the advantages and disadvantages of your move
· a map of your journey and your new neighborhood
· a letter inviting your family/friends to join you
· add illustrations to enhance your presentation
3. Decide who will complete each part of your presentation. Use these links to assist your writing process.
4. Use this organizer to plan the look or layout for your presentation. You will be graded on the quality of your information and the clarity of your layout.